Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mitch and Nick:Greenfield-Central High School


Mitch Gibson (left) and Nick Gill (right) are a buddy pair from Greenfield-Central High School.



The Greenfield-Central High School Best Buddies chapter opened in the Fall of 2012. During the chapter's inaugural year, students Mitch Gibson and Nick Gill were matched together in a one-to-one friendship. Even though they have only been matched for a year, Mitch and Nick have developed a strong, natural, and lasting friendship. 

See Nick's perspective on their friendship below:

What does Best Buddies mean to you?

Best Buddies is a lot of fun, and I do fun things with my friends there. We stand up for people and have fun!
  
What's your favorite thing about your buddy?

I love Mitch! He is tons of fun!


What do you and your buddy like to do together?

Mitch and I do all kinds of things together. We love to go out to eat, see movies, play games, and laugh a lot. We also spend our birthdays together, and I cheer for him when he plays baseball. I loved spending the night at his house. We had so much fun!


 
How has Best Buddies changed your life?

I have always had lots of friends, but Best Buddies has given me some very close friendships, and it gives me a club to help lead. I feel important and special when I'm leading them and being with my Best Buddies. 

Why do you think others should join Best Buddies?

I think others should join because it is fun and it makes people feel special!


No comments:

Post a Comment